Sunday, December 12, 2010

Ideas for the New Superman Movie

Let's face it, folks, Superman Returns sucked. Everyone had high hopes... then Bryan Singer and Warner Bros. delivered a steaming pile of a Christopher Reeves tribute movie to audiences across America. Now that WB is looking to re-boot Supes with Chris Nolan producing and Zack Snyder in the director's chair... I figure they'll be looking for some story ideas. I'm sure the higher up at WB and DC read my blog, so I'll pitch the best ideas I've come up with so far.

  • Superman Relives - Superman narrates a comical look at his college exploits. Including joining a fraternity (with Green Arrow, Aquaman, and the Flash) and longing for Lois Lane to notice him while he and the boys go on a quest to get Aquaman laid.
  • Superman Retires - An aging Man of Steel battles catheters, terrible cafeteria food, and a geriatric Lex Luthor in Metropolis Oaks Retirement Home. The climax comes with Superman foils Lex's plan to ship large amounts of Viagra into the nursing home.
  • Superman Remarries - A recently divorced Clark Kent is back on the market and ready to mingle in this charming romantic comedy. Get ready for Mark Rufallo as the Man of Steel and Jennifer Garner spicing things up at Lois Lane! The see what chaos ensues when Matthew McConaughey hits the scene as Lex Luthor!
  • Superman Recounts - Set in an alternate history, the film re-envisions the 2000 Presidential Election with Lex Luthor battling it out against Al Gore. When Lex seals the victory, Gore calls foul play and demands a recount! As honorary Secretary of State in Florida, can Superman recount the votes in time before the evil Lex Luthor becomes the President?
  • Superman Rebounds - Bored of the superhero life, Clark Kent tries out for the NBA and gets drafted to the Boston Celtics. Can he and his teammates overcome the genetically engineered New York Knicks and their evil owner Doomsday to win the NBA Championship?
  • Superman Reloaded - Superman's computer crashes. Did he remember to back up his files on an external hard drive?
I don't know about you, but I think I've got some gold here.

No comments:

Post a Comment